Proven Problem Solver
Mitzi Epstein, a small business owner, state PTA leader, AYSO leader, and lifelong community problem solver, has spent her adult life working at the community and state levels to strengthen the economy.
Multinational Corporations: Problem Solver
- Mitzi’s experience as a computer systems team leader for multinational corporations gives her the background to understand the needs of today’s job market and the innovation economy.
- She and her teams built financial computer models to provide analytics in finance and manufacturing.
- She worked for Olin Brass, Inc., Citicorp Mortgage Inc., and Aerovox Corporation.
- She describes, "The work of a systems analyst is to improve the way work is done: cutting costs, and improving accuracy."
Small Business Owner: Communications Leader
- Custom Language Training provided customized instruction to help businesses and individuals become fluent to achieve career success.
- With a team of polyglots, CLT developed the product, “Pocket Glossaries” a practical solution to the need for an easy reference book on the job.
School Board and State PTA: Bringing Real Solutions For Real Families To Our Schools
- She was elected to the Kyrene Elementary School District Governing Board in 2004, and worked successfully with education professionals to improve transparency of operations, while always keeping the focus on student achievement.
- She is often asked to present information to parents, businesses, and school communities about shared decision making and effective, respectful advocacy at the local school, district and state levels.
- As former Vice President/Legislative Chair, Arizona PTA, Mitzi mentored over 200 local PTAs, helping parents develop actionable solutions.
Strong Communities, Strong Economies
- Co-founder of the APPLE Coalition, AZ Parents for Public Education
APPLE is a state-wide coalition of parent organizations supporting and empowering parents to advocate at the state level for public education. For the past decade, she has written newsletters alerting community members about state legislation under consideration. Her balanced reporting of the pros and cons of the issues led community members from all walks of life to appreciate her work and request more. The groups of APPLE multiply their effectiveness by sharing information and developing a unified voice for high quality public education.
- Co-founder of Yes Public Ed
Yes Public Ed is a group that promotes dialogue between the community and our legislators.
She worked with Kyrene School Board members and community members to sponsor forums for legislators and the community to ask and answer questions on current education and economic issues.
- Youth Soccer Coach, Coach Trainer, Coach Administrator, Registrar, and soccer mom
Mitzi developed and strengthened volunteer operations to keep youth sports organizations strong. She says, “We spent many wonderful weekends with families on soccer fields in Ahwatukee, Chandler, Mesa, and Tempe. Those friendships forged on soccer fields are lasting because we were not just teaching children soccer lessons, we were teaching life lessons in teamwork, setting goals, determination, cooperation and competition.”
- President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Chair of PTOs and PTA
Mitzi worked with schools, parents, and teachers to help students achieve in an environment that nurtures the whole child. She says, “Our community has been, and continues to be enriched in endless ways because of the highly talented, dedicated parents and teachers who create new, exciting ways to support children in our schools year after year.”
For over 25 years, Mitzi Epstein has been in business, responsible for budgets
and managing projects.
For 25 years, Mitzi Epstein has been advocating for high quality education
for every child.
Mitzi Epstein is dedicated to our community,
supporting our neighborhoods, and local control.